Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost][unit] Intel v12 compiler warning
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-27 13:40:33

On Nov 27, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Belcourt, K. Noel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to point out this warning from the Intel v12 compiler.
>
> /Users/kbelco/boost/boost/units/unit.hpp(49): warning #1011: missing return statement at end of non-void function "boost::units::unit<Dim, System, Enable>::operator=(const boost::units::unit<D, S, void> &)"
> this_type& operator=(const this_type&) { }
>
> Perhaps there's an easy warning suppression fix?

Interesting.
That's a class that, as far as I can tell, has no data members - just routines and typedefs.

If so, I think that the best solution would be to remove the copy constructor and the assignment operator and let the compiler generate them (and probably the default constructor, too).

Remove code, reduce warnings. :-)

-- Marshall