Subject: Re: [Boost-users] mpi non-blocking communication
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-06 18:10:53

On a related note, I posted a question to the openmpi forum.
MPI_INIT is identical MPI_INIT_THREAD(MPI_THREAD_SINGLE),
but I couldn't see the utility of having MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED.

I mean: if I mpirun a process, and then a thread that is not the main thread calls MPI_INIT only by ususal mpi::environment construction, would it work?
If not, then I would see the value of MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED

regards,