Subject: Re: [Boost-users] crash in boost serialization (1.44)
From: Guy Prémont (guy.premont_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 15:30:45

> >> From what I understand, the singleton creation for serialization of
> >> type
> > (Node here) is a side effect of calling on serialization for that
> > type.
>
> more or less. actually it's a side-effect of exporting a type.
>

> > I haven't found the trap that you mentioned a few times. Could you
> > give me a pointer to it? I'd like to enable it and see what it says
> in
> > my application.
>
> It's in (I think) basic_serializer_map.?pp). It's commented out.
>

> Robert Ramey

Thanks for the tip. I re-activated the trap... and indeed i found some
serialization code that was in several DLLs. However, even though I fixed
the problems I found, the trap did spring up again at code that I know is
not duplicated across DLLs.
I still think that the singleton creation is not only a side-effect of
exporting a type (using BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT_IMPLEMENT) but also happens when
using the serialization for a given type ( à la "ar & t"). It is a quite
complex behavior, I don't understand it completely because from my
understanding I expected a lot more trapping to happen.

--
Guy Prémont, D.Sc.
Architecte logiciel senior / Senior software architect