Subject: [Boost-users] Problems in CodeGear
From: jose perez (jcurru_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-17 05:26:20

Hello. I'm unable to compile boost in Embarcadero 2010 (CodeGear) version 0x621. My code is really simple: #include "boost/random/mersenne_twister.hpp" This produces this error: [BCC32 Error] mersenne_twister.hpp(63): E2299 Cannot generate template specialization from 'detail::disable_constructor<Engine,T>' in the line: BOOST_RANDOM_DETAIL_GENERATOR_CONSTRUCTOR(mersenne_twister, Generator, gen) { seed(gen); } I have preprocessed my .cpp in order to see if boost gets correctly self configured for CodeGear compiler. It does very well, because it enters into codegear.hpp. But the last checked version of the CodeGear compiler is 0x620, and my version is 0x621. I have tried to change this line: // versions check: // last known and checked version is 0x620 #if (__CODEGEARC__ > 0x621) and this one: // CodeGear C++ Builder 2010 #if (__CODEGEARC__ <= 0x621) / # define BOOST_NO_TYPENAME_WITH_CTOR // Cannot use typename keyword when making temporaries of a dependant type etc... so that the compiler ignores or enters those sections, but nothing changes. It seems slightly strange to me that version 0x620 and 0x621 are SO different that boost is unable to get compiled. This problem has raised when trying to compile my application with libLAS library, which uses guid.hpp (which uses mersenne_twister.hpp), and there are much more compiler errors than the one I am explaining here. I guess (and hope) they are part of the same problem. No problems arise with other boost modules like, for example, "boost/smart_ptr.hpp". Help will be appreciated. Thanks!