Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost.type_traits - is_convertible issue with alignedtypes
From: Christoph Heindl (christoph.heindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 13:10:22

> It's more a limitation of the current design - if the "To" template
> parameter is a type which can not be used as a function parameter (which is
> the case here)

It cannot be passed by value, but i'm quite confident that it could be
passed by (const) reference.

> Switching to the implementation to use the __is_convertible builtin fixes
> this issue BTW, but unfortunately causes other issue...

Are you talking about switching the library implementation, or calling
__is_convertible from user coder? The latter option is problematic,
since my problem arises inside transform iterator: We frequently
access members of structs by selecting them through a transform
iterator. If, however, that member has alignment, the is_convertible
metafunction called by transform iterator internals breaks.