Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Pool - Are you using this library, please can we have your input?
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 14:13:18

One of my pet peeves is having a embedded friendly pool that register
its memeory block in some
stack allcoated huge array. While doing shenanigans on the Cell
processor i often wanted to have a pool pre-requesting 200 of the 256Kb
of the main memory and lemme allocate in this while havign some hard
error if i stomped over the limit instead of silently doing crap.

Other feature I would like is having some way to say: here is some
contiguous memory range, please use it as a pool.
So i can have a pool i can feed the data bank afterward.

On other side, I really wish the pool_allocator to be under heavy test
scurtiny. I used it once and got some strange cannot reproduce bugs with
it. My use case was using a pool of float/double to allocate a block for
holding some temporary matrix resulting from a call of GEMM int he
middle of a proto AST.