Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Merging Boostbook XML Files
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 15:31:54

On 25 January 2011 10:53, Faruk KuÅŸcan <faruk.kuscan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to merge two boostbook xml files into one.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2007-11/msg00029.html
>
> I had done everything in this link but could not merge boostbook xml files.
> Isn't there any xslt file called merge or something else which does this. If
> you know the way, how some boostbook xml files are merged togeter, I'll be
> very appreciated.

You need to use xinclude to include one document inside another. If
you look at 'doc/src/boost.xml' you can see the markup used for this
(the 'xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"' attribute on the
root element and the 'xi:include' tags). When calling xsltproc you
need to use the '--xinclude' command line parameter to tell it to
process these tags. It also has a path flag which can specify where to
find these files although its implementation is a bit quirky.

I hope that helps,

Daniel