Subject: Re: [Boost-users] large variant performance compared (50 elements)
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-27 09:56:26

On 01/24/11 18:17, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 01/24/11 14:30, Paul wrote:
>> Larry,
>>
>> Sorry about not having complete compiling testcode; i don't have a gcc
>> environment available so it's difficult for me to get thing right.
>
> I'm pretty sure if you just started your improvements with my
> patches to your original code instead of starting your improvements
> starting from your original code, it would compile with g++.
>
> Please try that and see if it doesn't compile with vs2005.

OTOH, if you'd like to plot the results yourself, you might find the
attached .py file useful. Of course you'll need python installed as
well as the python libraries described here:

  http://docs.scipy.org/doc/
  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/contents.html

The attached .py takes 1 argument, a filename. The contents of
such a file name is:

  line1: a plot title
  line2: a list of space delimited column names.
  lines3-...: a table of x values vs y values.
     x values are in column1, y values are
     in the remaining columns.

the result plot contains n curves where n is
the number of columns -1.

An example input file is also attached.

HTH.

-Larry