Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's happened to Ryppl?
From: Raindog (raindog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 00:57:47

On 2/1/2011 3:11 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> Okay. Let me just say this once and for all. The thing
> that really bugs me when people start talking about how
> wonderful DVCS's are is that as far as I am concerned,
> *The physical location of the data does not matter much.*

The thing that I like about DVCS is that it gives me a way to make more
frequent commits without worrying about whether or not I will break the
build for other users. This gives me the ability to easily work on a
feature or what not and say, make a commit everytime I save a file, even
when my source might not even compile, it is equivalent to a lot of IDEs
that offer a local history feature such as eclipse, netbeans or
intellij, then when I am done I just push my changes to the main repo.
The key difference being that I don't have to explicitly create a new
branch for this, and since it can be done offline, I can do this say, on
my 18 hour flight to Moscow on saturday...