Subject: [Boost-users] Building boost on Visual Studio
From: John Drescher (drescherjm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-15 16:02:49

I opened a 32 bit Visual Studio 2008 command prompt to the location of
the boost-1.45.0 source then ran the bootstrap batch file to create
bjam. After this I executed the following command to build boost.

bjam --build-dir="X:\32Bit\VC.90\Libraries\boost-1.45.0" toolset=msvc
--build-type=complete stage

it appears that boost built successfully however it named them vc100
instead of vc90. I do not have Visual Studio 2010 installed on my
machine. I never had it installed. Anyways to use these in the
framework that I will be using them in I need the names to be correct.
Is there any way to force bjam to use the correct visual studio
version when it names the libraries?

Thanks in Advance,
John M. Drescher