Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [regex] link problem with MSVC
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-21 13:39:48

> I had built boost version 1.40 (some time ago) myself with MSVC 2008
> Express, a complete build.
> I now wanted to use the regex library; I left the default option of
> statically linking it in (no #define BOOST_REGEX_DYN_LINK) and also count
> on auto-linking (no BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB).
>
> Using regex_search, I keep getting linker errors:

<snip>

I've never seen those before, the missing symbols are std lib ones not
Boost.Regex ones BTW. I would guess there's something unusual about how the
library was built or how your app is being built. The quick solution would
be to define BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB and add all the libs/regex/src/*.cpp files
directly to your project. Otherwise check that regex really was built with
VC9 and not some other compiler by mistake, and check to see what defines
and/or "odd" compiler options you may be using in your project.

HTH, John.