Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [phoenix] V2, V3 and the amount of memory needed by the compiler to just include them
From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-28 05:55:58

We use Boost quite heavy in our products, but they are build time killers. A
comparable product which uses less Boost compiles twice as fast. Currently on
my production quad core (a W3530 processor) it takes about 40 minutes. Note
that we already use some of the more basic stuff in the pch.

Common libraries as operators, variant, multi index and range can make ur
compiler cry. Sometimes u have to use the pimpl idiom just to shield header
includes from clients.

I understand that this is unfortunate. Runtime performance stays more
important ofc.

Forum item just to inform u.