Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost + ICU in Windows with MinGW
From: Jose Mondefo (soloninguno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-01 07:57:05

John, thank you very much for your help.

> Please note that regex shared lib support on mingw/cygwin is partly broken -
> that's why it's disabled in the Jamfile!

I saw in the last version of boost (1.46) that the regex Jamfile has some of the tweaks the patch has (with mingw enabled and cygwin disabled, which is ok for me).
Maybe trying with this version is a possibility?

> It means that a call to ICU::Collator::createInstance failed, last time
> someone had that error it was because their ICU data dll was broken (ie
> didn't actually have any locale data in it).

This means that the boost dll doesn't found the icu dll? Could you tell me which dll is searching or the approximate weight? I have a few icu dll (one of around 15MB) alongside boost_regex-mt.dll, but maybe I'm putting the wrong dll (as icu doesn't generate both .lib and .dll in the same compilation, I have to make two compilation passes with different tweaks, so maybe I'm doing something wrong in this pass).

Thanks in advance!