Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Interprocess error on Solaris sun studio 12
From: aidan mcgurn (a_mcgurn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-07 10:06:49

Hi, Currently my company are having issues compiling Boost Interprocess 1.42 on Solaris sun Studio. I see from Boost documentation that this compiler is not listed as having been used to build Interprocess: i.e. * Visual 7.1 Windows XP * Visual 8.0 Windows XP * GCC 4.1.1 MinGW * GCC 3.4.4 Cygwin * Intel 9.1 Windows XP * GCC 4.1.2 Linux * GCC 3.4.3 Solaris 11 * GCC 4.0 MacOs 10.4.1 I have also seen from this next thread that there is a bug logged against this issue as posted from someone with a similar issue: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1992480&tstart=45 "Unfortunately, your problem is one of the outstanding issues with Boost that we have not yet resolved. This one is bug number 6954828, generated internally, and not visible at bugs.sun.com. Fixing bugs that prevent Boost from compiling is a priority item for us, but I can't predict when a fix for this problem will be available." This was posted a year ago so i am wondering has this been fixed in recent Boost editions or plans to? If not is there a recommended workaround? (outside the posts suggested flag changes "-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=4 -D_XPG4 -D_XPG4_2" which are unpredictable to other parts of our system) thanks for any suggestions, /aidan ======= Errors i see: "/spare/integra/thirdparty/include/boost/interprocess/mapped_region.hpp", line 549: Error: Formal argument 1 of type char* in call to shmdt(char*) is being passed void*. "/spare/integra/thirdparty/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp", line 284: Error: The function "shm_open" must have a prototype. "/spare/integra/thirdparty/include/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp", line 307: Error: The function "shm_unlink" must have a prototype.