Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost-users][GIL] Colors broken after moving to New IO
From: John Wilkinson (jwilkinson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-08 09:17:07

> 2011/3/7 Christian Henning <chhenning_at_[hidden]>:
> >
> > could you try to load images without using any_image<...>. Also can
> > you try to load one of the png files from the test_images folder?
> >
> > What system to you work on? What's the compiler?
> >

> New info:
>
> - using Visual Studio 2008 SP1

You might try building release with optimization turned off. I've had problems with optimization by Microsoft compilers in the past; it's not common, but it's easy to rule out. If that does turn out to be the issue, and you can isolate the location, you can turn off optimization for individual compilation units or even for specific regions of code (assuming those pragmas still exist - it's been five or six years since I've had to use them).

John

> - it only happens in Release mode (often suggests uninitialized
> variables)
> - attaching screen shoot of application displaying test.png from
> test_images (in Debug mode all is fine)
>
> Cheers,
> Szymon
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) transmitted with it are intended only for the
use of the recipient(s) named above.This message may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail
and delete the original message.