Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] Boost.Type Traits Extension by FredericBron
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 10:56:12

On 3/17/2011 10:10 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

I use doxygen, but there is nothing keeping a quickbook author from
writing hand-written comments instead. So it is incorrect to claim that
"Only the Quickbook-Doxygen reference section seems to do this".

Like you I still think doxygen is good enough since the long form of
doxygen comments can be anything. But some people do find doxygen
difficult, and I can understand that. I still think that good docs go
beyond just using doxygen and need explanations in topics and good
organization, and sometimes this is lacking in Boost docs. But John
Maddock's documentation is always first-rate.