Subject: [Boost-users] [wave] Custom I/O handling (include paths, etc.)?
From: Anteru (newsgroups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 17:23:02

Hi,

I'm trying to adopt Wave as my custom preprocessor for a project. So
far, things work fine, but there is one problem with Wave: I need to
override all I/O functions, in particular, reading from files and
opening files. Reading is easily changed by the input policy, but I
couldn't find a way to register an include handler hook. There's
found_include_directive, but nothing that allows me to get in-between
wave and the filesystem. In my case, I on-demand construct some data
which I want to be able to #include (i.e. #include <generated>) and some
files are stored in resources/compressed files (#include <zip/file.h>).
My include handler can open them, but how can I tell Wave to ask my
include handler whether it can find a file instead of using
boost::filesystem?

Cheers,
  Anteru