Subject: [Boost-users] Cannot dlclose() module when including exception_ptr.hpp in GCC 4.5
From: ichramm (juanantonio.ram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 17:19:43

Hi

I'm having and issue with boost and gcc 4.5, I'm posting here before posting
in the gcc mailing list 'cause it only happends if using boost.

Thre following problem was tested with boost 1.44 and boost 1.46 (single and
multi threaded)

Situation:
  - Environment with GCC 4.5.2 (kernel 2-6-36 and 4.6.37, glibc 2.11 and
2.12
  - C application that loads/unloads dynamic modules using dlopen/dlclose
  - C++ dynamic module compiled/linked agans boost::thread, and including
<boost/exception_ptr>

Problem:
  - dlclose() always returns zero, so the module is never unloaded

Including <boost/thread/thread.hpp> or any other boost header works fine
This only happends with GCC 4.5, so it could be a problem related to gcc,
but I dnot know it yet.

I'm attanching 3 small test files, so you can check if this happens on your
machine, just execute 'make run'

After reading the test application you say 'remove the while loop!', but the
right behavior is that the second call to dlclose() should fail with 'shared
object ot open'.

Thanks in advance

--
Saludos!