Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [unit test] problem inside boost UTF
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-04 17:07:59

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<4D99D669.1050504_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>Maybe somebody have a hint on what I am doing wrong !?
>I used UTF with dynamic lininking, boost1.42 from ubuntu 10.10 package.

Aside from checking for undefined behavior at Steven mentioned, you
might want to check that each unit test case is completely independent
of other test cases: no static data, no shared globals, etc. This
pattern is called the "Fresh Fixture" pattern:
<http://xunitpatterns.com/Fresh%20Fixture.html>

You may also find it useful to read through my 5-part tutorial on
doing test-driven development in C++ with Boost.Test:
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/04/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-1/>
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-2/>
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-3/>
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-4/>