Subject: [Boost-users] [Thread] Solution to conflict with MFC?
From: Christian Larsen (contact_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-26 07:28:56

Hello,

I know this has been asked before, but I could not find a good solution.
I'm experiencing problems with an application using both MFC and
Boost.Thread. Specifically the assertion

ASSERT(AfxGetModuleState() != AfxGetAppModuleState());

in AfxCoreInitModule() fails. I link Boost.Thread statically into a DLL
in my project.

 From previous posts to this list and elsewhere, e.g.
http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2009/04/46929.php, I see that the
issue is caused by setting _pRawDllMain in tss_pe.cpp. Commenting this
line does "solve" the problem, but I would rather not have to hack the
Boost source code this way.

It seems there is a patch somewhere for this problem (referred to in
http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2009/04/47015.php), but it appears it
never made it into the source. Is there any chance of this issue being
solved in a better way?

Best regards,
Christian Larsen