Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Adjacency List vertex access
From: Cosimo Calabrese (cosimo.calabrese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 16:40:29

Well, I'm working with Boost 1.46.1, Visual Studio 2010, and I detect an
error like yours.

I don't understand why you need an iterator that point to a vertex. If
you need it, I presume that you want to dereference it, obtaining the
correspondent vertex_descriptor. The particular implementation of
adjacency_list that you have choosed (vecS, vecS) implements a
vertex_descriptor that corresponds to the index of the vertex. If you
take a look at the definition of boost::vertex function you can see it:

     template <class Graph, class Config, class Base>
     inline typename Config::vertex_descriptor
     vertex(typename Config::vertices_size_type n,
            const vec_adj_list_impl<Graph, Config, Base>&)
     {
       return n;
     }

So, if you want to take the vertex_iterator that point to the N-th
vertex, and you dereference it, you obtain simply N.

Regards,
Cosimo Calabrese