Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Spirit] RFC: bin_float parser
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-05 20:33:18

On 5/5/2011 9:08 PM, Vitaly Budovski wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On 28 April 2011 12:09, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Thanks for this!
>
> Apologies for the long delay in replying.
>

>> A couple of comments:
>>
>> 1) Is there a reason why you created separate components instead of simply extending the existing set of binary parsers/generators?
>
> It seemed like it would be a lot more work. I'm guessing I would need
> to add a new template parameter or maybe use the preprocessor, since
> the classes have a few integer<> types inside. Can you suggest a
> better way?
>

>> 2) What's the rationale for not using/extending the endian classes in Spirit, but providing your own set of independent endian types?
>
> See response above :) Another thing I wasn't too happy with was the
> fact that they are in the integer namespace. Perhaps they should be
> moved out of there, since endianness doesn't apply only to integers.
>

>> 3) If this is to be included into Spirit we'd need the corresponding docs as well.
>
> A few more test cases couldn't hurt either. I discovered I missed an
> asterisk in the generate_to line of bin_float_generator.
> Is there a guide for adding docs to boost?

Boost Spirit uses quickbook. Please check out the Spirit docs.
Here's a link to quickbook:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/doc/html/quickbook.html

Vitaly, the proper forum for this is the Spirit general or devel mailing list:
See Boost.Spirit lists here: http://www.boost.org/community/groups.html
Can we please move the discussions there?

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com