Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Delimiting protocol messages (was [asio] read_some() splits data)
From: Marsh Ray (marsh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-12 17:45:09

On 05/12/2011 04:28 PM, Jerry wrote:
> Ted Byers<r.ted.byers<at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> It seems to me to be an obvious thing to do, but my question to you is "Do
>> you know of anyone who has done it?" (in some kind of open source project)
>
> What about: http://cpp-netlib.github.com/

Looks interesting. This page in particular looks like it's getting close
to what I was talking about:

http://cpp-netlib.github.com/0.9.0/message.html

I realize the project is new and the docs may not be complete, but every
other page seems to be about its HTTP implementation. Even the generic
basic_message class presumes a headers/body structure.

HTTP is often thought of as a half-duplex message/response protocol
because it (mostly) stateless and originally closed the connection after
every response.

I was interested more in a general facility for a common low-level
protocol buffering pattern.

> Apparently it will be submitted for review someday:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/67431

Cool.

- Marsh