Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Test] can one run a specific test first?
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-17 06:50:02

Den 17-05-2011 00:16, Gennadiy Rozental skrev:
> Thorsten Ottosen<thorsten.ottosen<at> dezide.com> writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I know I can run a test by naming it on the command line or by creating
>> an environment variable. However, I merely want a specific test to be
>> run first to ease debugging, and then all the rest of the tests should
>> be run.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> Put all the other test cases in test suite.

Well, not that elegant :-)

> If it does not help add dependency
> of this test suite on the test case.

Ok, thanks. Maybe would be possible to automate this slightly
by some minor changes to

   BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE( XXX )

? I'm thinking either

A. order (run) the test suites by name. This would make it easy for me
to change the order without relocating any tests.

B. Add a new variant of test suites, e.g.

   BOOST_AUTO_FIRST_TEST_SUITE( XXX )

which seems less general than A.

thoughts?

-Thorsten