Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Since which boost-version is linking against boost-system required?
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 07:15:08

On Thursday, 16. June 2011 13:02:35 Igor R wrote:
> > I am not the author of this software and it is rather complex. I know
> > that it links against Boost.Filesystem and Boost.Regex and that this is
> > enough for boost-1.40 or 1.41 installations but seems to be not enough
> > for boost-1.46.0. Searching for boost-related includes in the
> > source-files yields the following: boost/algorithm/string.hpp
> > boost/filesystem.hpp
>
> <...>
>
> Boost.Filesystem definitly uses Boost.System.
> (Actually, any library that deals with error codes uses Boost.System.)

Ok, good to know that. Thank you.
But how come that it seems not to be required to link against Boost.System
when using boost-1.40 or boost-1.41 even though Boost.Filesystem is used and
also included during linking? Has this requirement been introduced only
recently? If so, it would be interesting to know since when exactly.

Best,

Cedric