Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] sending and receiving binary
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-10 06:22:51

> Ah, the other version did, but this one doesn't. I misunderstood and thought HandleWrite was only bound to the error occurrence. I only want the connection to live through one send and one reply, but if I understand you correctly I have to beg it to stay alive long enough for the reply to go out?

If you don't need it anymore, you don't have to...
I don't see where your server code receives anything, but anyway, if
all you need is to ensure that the data being sent with async_write
won't be discarded due to socket closing, I believe you can just set
linger option:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/doc/html/boost_asio/reference/socket_base/linger.html