Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [bcp] Lean and mean boost
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-11 16:28:44

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 09:37:27PM +0200, Lars Viklund wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 04:39:54PM +0100, John Maddock wrote:
> > So... unless there's some platform/compiler specific thing going on I'm
> > stuck.
>
> I'm at a loss. None of the platforms I've tried now (msvc, debian gcc)
> fail with trunk.
>
> I can unfortunately not remember which platform/release it was I tested
> on, as none of the machines I currently have access to have any trace of
> bcp testing.

IRC logs seems to indicate that it was on Solaris with SunStudio, but I
cannot get a proper build of bcp at all currently on any of my
(x86/sparc) 5.9/5.10 compilers, where copy_file.o fails to build due to
an ICE and a constant expression error in regex.
I might have used some version other than the 1.44.0, 1.46.1 and current
trunk, as none of those compile bcp at all.

Anyway, the repro I achieved back then succeeded with a full tree but
failed with a bcp'd tree, for some reason.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]