Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [regex] Segmentation fault on regex_search only onCentOS
From: narinder.claire_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-07-13 07:40:42

It's worth checking in case you are throwing exceptions accross shared
library boundaries. I had a similar problem with GCC. Everything worked
fine under gcc 4.5.2 (ubuntu) but not under the version of gcc that is
default in CentoOS. I discovered that it was an exception being thrown in
a shared library ( and defined in the shared llibrary) that I was trying
to catch in my executable.

I reolved it by moving all my exception definitions into a seperate shared
library and linking it to all my other units including the main
executable.

So to clarify, if all your execeptions are defined & implemented in a
header file that you are including seperately in your shared library and
your executable, but you are throwing and catching acrross the boundary
you may see this problem. You need to compile the exception
implementations into a shared library of their own and link it in to
whereever you may thorw or catch them.

Regards

Internet
boost.regex_at_[hidden]
Sent by: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
07/13/2011 12:23 PM
Please respond to
boost-users_at_[hidden]

boost-users_at_[hidden]
cc

Subject
Re: [Boost-users] [regex] Segmentation fault on regex_search only onCentOS

>Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Can you run under GDB and see where the fault occurs?

John.