Subject: Re: [Boost-users] parsing query
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-14 09:54:25

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Sean Farrow
<sean.farrow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I’m working on a project and have a file with lines of the following form:
<snip>
> What boost library do people feel is the best one to use to parse this form
> of input, boost.Regex, boost.proto or boost.spirit?

boost.proto is _not_ about parsing, it's about creating EDSLs based on
Expression
Templates. boost.spirit is implemented with proto, and a EDSL for describing
grammars in a EBNF-style.
Another example of an EDSL built on proto is boost.xpressive which is a regular
expression EDSL. boost.regex, as the name says is also about regexes.

> And given the input, what would be the best way of going about doing this?

I'd personally go for spirit.

> I need the function, Synopsis, Description, and then the parameters ideally
> placed in separate variables.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Sean.