Subject: [Boost-users] Asio 1.6: compile error in signal_set_service with MSVC10
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-19 09:23:47

Hi,

I was just updating Boost from 1.46.1 to 1.47 and encountered a compile
error inside Asio. Since there is no major outcry on this list I guess
I've made an error anywhere in the upgrade process or my code.

When compiling my static library that contains the networking code with
(our only compiler) Visual Studio 2010 I get compile errors in
asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp in line 74
saying
'boost::signal': use of class template requires template argument list

As a remedy I simply defined BOOST_ASIO_DISABLE_SIGNAL, the code
compiles fine and I did not recognize any problems at a first short test.

I tried to make a simple example showing the error, but I was not able
to reproduce this easily. So I thougt I ask what disabling signals means
for Asio and if this is a valid workaround, or if I really should try to
get this compile error fixed before working with 1.47.

thanks,
Norbert