Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Asio 1.6: compile error in signal_set_service with MSVC10
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-19 10:28:25

On 19.07.2011 15:34, Igor R wrote:
>> When compiling my static library that contains the networking code with (our
>> only compiler) Visual Studio 2010 I get compile errors in
>> asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp in line 74
>> saying
>> 'boost::signal': use of class template requires template argument list
>
> Perhaps, you import boost::signal into the global namespace before
> including asio headers.

Not quite. I didn't think of that possibility, since I usually don't
import anything into the global namespace. But I found an (unnecessary)
include of <boost/signal.hpp>. And that was enough to cause the problem.

So thank you very much for the quick solution. I totally didn't think of
that.

I now managed to build a testcase that consists of an empty main()
function and the two includes, that causes the described error. See the
code below.

thanks for your hint,
Norbert

#include <boost/signals.hpp>