Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost String Algo Compilation failure
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-21 04:53:23

Of
> Narinder Claire
> Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:10 AM
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost String Algo Compilation failure
>
> Resolved
>
> Language extensions were disabled in the project settings. Re-enabling them allowed successful
> compilation.

:-)

/Za is broken - don't use it!

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/212186/

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/486253/name-lookup-broken-with-za

And I've just fallen foul of /Za myself - yet again!

It seems to me that when creating a new console project using VS2010, Disable /Za is the *default*.
so you need to check every time that it isn't enabled.

(I'd like confirmation from others that this is really correct - it seems a most undesirable
default?)

 Paul

PS (I've patched common.js to change this - perhaps a dangerous move).

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK
+44 1539 561830  07714330204