Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost interprocess file_lock.timed_lock
From: Bill Moo (cppsysdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-28 10:19:42

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM, cc caprani <cc.caprani_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Bill Moo <cppsysdev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> for (int o = 0; o < 48; o++)
>> {
>> os << "Write my data here....." ;
>> for (int i = 0; i < 51; i++)
>> {
>> os << i ; // But if I output this simple line and I get a 1 byte
>> file and NO errors or exceptions!
>> }
>> }
>>

> i isn't incremented. What is o supposed to do?

Well spotted Colin thank you for taking the time to reply, but in my real
code i was incremented. I supplied this pseudo code to demonstrate how I was
using the library just in case my usage was incorrect.

Of course in the real code if i wasn't incremented then I would never exit
the loop so I would not get my file, regardless of its size.

I simply can understand why this doesn't work. I am using 64 bit builds of
Qt v4.7.2, boost v1.46.1 and using the the Intel compiler v12.0.1029.2010 on
Windows 7 SP1 x64

Any help on this would really be appreciated.

--
Bill