Subject: Re: [Boost-users] vxworks and pre-built boost libraries
From: Chris Cleeland (chris.cleeland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-29 14:43:04

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Brian Vandenberg
<phantall+boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>  I'm attempting to use boost in vxworks 6.5 and I'm looking for
> information on how to get the pre-built libraries to build (those that
> can be).
>
>  Some amount of support for vxworks was added back in 1.38, but
> vxworks isn't on the list of available/supported target OSs.  Are
> there any resources out there detailing what can be made to work/does
> work/doesn't work, and what needs to be done to get the workable stuff
> to build?

I'm no expert on boost, but it's really going to depend on (a) which
portions of boost you want and (b) how you'll be running vxworks
(kernel vs. RTP) and what target.

6.5 has issues in many places, some targets more than others. Maybe
consider being more specific?

That said, you'd also have to set up bjam for a cross-compile, so it'd
also help to know the host environment.