Subject: Re: [Boost-users] translate C-code into objects
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-31 13:31:57

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:00:18AM -0700, Peter Foelsche wrote:

> "Nathan Ridge" <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>>> phoenix is some library to create lambda functions.
>>> This is not what I need.
>>> I want to get objects out, which I can later work on.
>>
>> What sort of "work" do you want to do with these objects?
>

> I want to manipulate these objects.
> I want to iterate over these objects and create a new set of objects.

I don't think anyone understands what you're trying to do.

If you want to capture and manipulate the syntax tree of arbitrary
expressions, consider something like Boost.Proto.
Proto is commonly used to make embedded languages with C++ syntax. This
will not capture things like flow control structures, but you can
trivially define your own if_, for_-alikes through terminals, the
semantics of which you define in your Proto grammar.

If this sounds like something that fits your use case, consider watching
the Boostcon presentations on Proto, and read the documentation.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]