Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's wrong with this simple multithreaded function that uses regex?
From: Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-08-04 05:39:23

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 01:55:07 +0200, Oliver Seiler <oseiler_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm guessing that is dependent on the version of gcc; I've hit this
> problem with gcc on Linux, on various versions up to and including gcc
> 4.1.something. Do you know when specifically this was fixed in gcc?

Its a gcc feature, not something to be fixed ;)
I found in http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/changes.html, which describes new
changes for gcc 4.0.4:
"The compiler now uses the library interface specified by the C++ ABI for
thread-safe initialization of function-scope static variables."
Apparently the support is already in 4.0.4, earlier it might be there as
well, but maybe in some unsatisfying way.