Subject: [Boost-users] path filesystem
From: rudy (rudykeram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-09 10:06:44

Hi,
This is my first post, so please advise me if this is not the correct place
to post my question.

This is my question:
I have the following directory pattern (Dir1 is the parent directory, and
the rest are the child files/subdirectories):

Dir1
   file1
   file2
   .file3
   subdir1
   .subdir2

the following code will go through the Dir1, and it will fail in creating
the "path" when it reaches ".file3" or ".subdir2"

boost::filesystem:ath dir1_path(filepath.c_str());

How should I create a path to a directory that (for example) has the
following path?
            /root/my_docs/pgg/.file1

filesystem::path works just fine if I had to deal with
(/root/my_docs/pgg/file1)
instead of (/root/my_docs/pgg/.file1) !!!
apparently when the file/directory starts with '.', I cannot get
filesystem::path to behave properly.

please advise,
thanks,
Rudy