Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost multithread use all cores in parallel ?
From: Leo Cacciari (leo.cacciari_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-14 14:00:55

Il 08/14/2011 07:38 PM, Jack Bryan ha scritto:
> thanks for your reply.
> [...snip...]
> So, I want to associate each task with a distinct thread and schedule
> threads as many as possible. Also, try yo make the workload balance
> among these cores.
>
> How can I do that from the point of programming ?

Hi,
I doubt that you can do this kind of things at application (programming)
level. Ensuring that all cores are used at best is the responsibility of
the operating system in the person of its scheduler. This is because
only the O.S. can be aware of everything running on the system beside
your program. Thus I believe the answer to your question is not. AFAIK
the kernel scheduler in Linux does a god job, even if I never had the
occasion of using it on that many cores :)

--
Leo Cacciari
Aliae nationes servitutem pati possunt populi romani est propria libertas