Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compilation of boost on HP-UX 11iv3 using aCC
From: Pravar (pravar.jawalkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-29 06:02:40

All,

I think HP develops/maintain compilers but do not test them against boost.
Compilation of code in many .hpp files in boost fails with aCC
compiler's latest version i.e. aCC: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.26 [Apr 12 2011].

Anybody doing serious development on c++ on HP-UX would be left with
only choice : gcc ( which is too not officially supported on HP-UX).
So, I wonder if one can do some serious work on HP-UX involving boost
libraries......

Best Regards,
Pravar
On 09/29/2011 03:04 PM, Avi Bahra wrote:
> I have been using boost 1.45 on HP-UX using the acc compiler.
> Have used the following libs:
> asio, serialisation, file-system,data-time,program-options, shared_ptr
> spirit(classic)
>
> You need to test each library yourself. since as you have discovered
> boost is not officially supported on HP-UX.
>
> It appears as if HP-UX is no longer develop's/maintains their
> compilers.?
>
> Best regards,
> Ta,
> Avi

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .