Subject: [Boost-users] Regarding building of boost1.38.0 with aCC ( Hp compiler)
From: Pravar (pravar.jawalkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-14 02:41:16

Hi *,

I am trying to build *boost1.38.0* with *aCC A.0.17* ( HP compiler).
I need to understand a few details:

- Does in older boost versions, *build process* is a bit different ? I
think it is as I can not found any bootstrap.sh in boost root directory.
- Does $BOOST_ROOT./configure is equivalent to $BOOST_ROOT./bootstrap.sh
in latest versions ?

I executed following commands during building of boost 1.38.0 :

- From boost root directory, ./configure --prefix=/opt/boost, I get
following output,
-n Building Boost.Jam with toolset acc...
tools/jam/src/bin.hpuxia64/bjam

- Then, I changed directory to tools/jam/src/bin.hpuxia64/bjam.

I tried to build by executing ./bjam /some build options/

I get below error,
*-------------------------------------------------------
notice: could not find main target install
notice: assuming it is a name of file to create.
don't know how to make <e>install
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...
--------------------------------------------------------*

Is there something i am missing ? Any inputs would be helpful.

Best Regards,
Pravar

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .