Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.48 using Intel compiler
From: Sergiu Dotenco (sergiu.dotenco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 10:49:04

Am 18.11.2011 16:10, schrieb Alex Perry:
>> The second one is related to Boost.Locale: bjam is unable to detect the
>> Windows version of ICU. This is due the fact, that bjam tries to locate
>> icudata.lib and icui18n.lib instead of icudt.lib and icuin.lib respectively, which
>> are the Windows names of the former libraries.
>>

> Have you built ICU from source? And set ICU_PATH in environment - I think I remember similar chasing of errors when building regex with the optional ICU support - problem was obvious in retrospect I'd installed ICU with prebuilt binaries and didn't have debug version available on machine.

ICU was built from source, both release and debug version. ICU_PATH --
which is not root of the problem anyway -- is set correctly. Looking at
the configuration checks performed by bjam, it seems that Boost.Regex
(as opposed to Boost.Locale) is able to find ICU:

     - has_icu builds : no
warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
     - iconv (libc) : no
     - iconv (separate) : no
     - icu : yes