Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPI] request::test() crashes or returns garbage
From: Riccardo Murri (riccardo.murri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 11:26:48

Hi Patrik,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 16:30, Patrik Jonsson
<patrik-web_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Thanks for responding. I'm beginning to suspect this is because of
> some library mismatch, since the C version works correctly for me.
> Where does the build pick up the location of the MPI library?

The build process uses the mpic++/mpicxx/mpiCC compiler wrapper, which
then inserts the correct "-I"/"-L" switches for the real C++ compiler.

The build process searches for "mpic++", "mpiCC" and "mpicxx" in this
order; look into `tools/build/v2/tools/mpi.jam` for details.

If you want to force the use of a specific `mpic++`, you can append
this line to the `user-config.jam` file:

    using mpi : /path/to/preferred/mpicxx ;

Best regards,
Riccardo