Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C0x11 threading capabilities
From: Rob Desbois (rob.desbois_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-02 04:26:48

Hi.

The standard has already been accepted :-)

I haven't used the threading elements of it yet, but looking at the last
draft of the standard it is very similar to boost.
The library implementation status is available from gnu.org, 30.3 states
threads are in, but incomplete:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/status.html
Mutexes, locks and condition variables are all in too.

That page is for the SVN mainline rather than any particular release; I
couldn't find a list for per-release support, but the basic thread class
and yield() work on gcc 4.6 for me.

Rob

--
Rob Desbois