Subject: [Boost-users] ASIO + SSL + no shared cipher
From: Luke Walker (luke_walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-20 23:05:49

Hi All,I've taken the SSL server example "as is" but when I attempt to send a request from (Safari, Firefox, Chrome or IE) the handshake fails with "no shared cipher". I've researched the issue for several days and made a few changes. I use OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms and SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list to attempt to satisfy the cipher's but I get the same error. I also used OpenSSL > s_client to try and negotiate a cipher but it fails as well.
One assumption I've assembled is that Chrome, Safari and NSURLRequest (Cocoa API) all use the same cipher list. Again I am using the ssl server example and have changed the context SSL Version but still no success.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Luke