Subject: [Boost-users] Boost::shared::memory consistency
From: Josmon Paul (josmon.paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-29 08:49:32

Hi All
            I have a doubt regarding boost shared memory. If i am reading data from my shared memory and in between if some other program deletes or overwrites the same  shared memory  then how it will affect the reading. Will it throw segmentation fault ? I am expecting a segmentation fault but when i wrote a small program to read the memory and in the same time i deleted the same memory through another program using the function (shared_memory_object::remove ()) the behavior is like, it gave the content which was already present in the old shared memory and exited without segmentation fault. I would be verymuch grateful if someone tells the exact behavior in this situation

Josmon Paul

Mailto: josmon.paul@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty. IT Services