Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio::serial_port] I can read and write synchronously, but how do I unblock when I want to end?
From: Dario Ramos (dario_ramos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-14 15:53:14

> that's not true. asio will throw an
> "boost::asio::error::operation_aborted" error-code.

Ok, I tried this:

    try{
        m_SerialPort.close();
    }catch( const std::exception& ex ){
    }

But I got this error:

Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across
> a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared
> with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a
> different calling convention.

Should I rebuild the boost libraries so that they use another convention?
Which one? Our solution is a Visual Studio 2010 SP1 one, and has C# and
VB.NET assemblies which talk to unmanaged C++ dlls through C++/CLI dlls.
Very nice, huh? I never messed around with calling conventions, I'm
currently investigating the subject so don't assume I know too much.