Subject: [Boost-users] Why Boost uBLAS
From: delryn_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-04-03 05:21:19

Good day,

i started using boost one month ago. Now i saw that boost is offering uBLAS to use/manipulate matrices. So my question is: Why is the wheel invented totally new? The uBLAS-Team even writes that they focus an "correct algorithm" and that "performance will be improved later".

Why cant boost simply adpot
http://arma.sourceforge.net/

or Newmat 11:

http://www.robertnz.net/nm11.htm#refer

I used Newmat in many complex commercial projects where performance was very important.
Newmat is easy to use and I dont now any bugs. Maybe the interface is not totally stl compatible, but this library is very easy and intuitive to use.

What do you think about this?