Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [preprocessor] having trouble using reentrant macros
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-07 08:55:20

On 4/5/2012 10:50 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Thu Apr 05 2012, Paul Mensonides<pmenso57-AT-comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 21:10:10 -0400, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>> Paul, how are compilers doing these days? Is the use of Chaos
>>> reasonably portable in practice to recent compilers, or are the
>>> preprocessors still too badly broken?
>>
>> I don't regularly use any of them except GCC (which is good), so I can't
>> say for sure. However, VC is as bad as always, and since that's a pretty
>> "important" compiler for portable code...
>
> <fumes>
> Bah! What's it going to take to get those guys to fix their
> preprocessor?!
> </fumes>

<rant>

When one submits an obvious bug on the Microsoft bug reporting page
regarding their C++ preprocessor their answer is an almost immediate
"won't fix".

If Stan Lippman and/or Herb Sutter are still involved in the Microsoft
C++ development team, and they can personally be approached by C++
programmers who know them regarding the VC++ preprocessor, I believe it
would do much more good in fixing the VC++ preprocessor than all the bug
reports to Microsoft ever will.

</rant>