Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Subject: [Property Tree] Insert child node at the top of ptree
From: Juan Ramírez (juanantonio.ram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-23 09:43:40

I think you are misunderstanding the whole thing here.

You have a lot of nodes whose xpath is root/result_set, but all of
them has an attribute that identifies them: result_number

When you call get_child you are getting an arbitrary node (from boost
documentation):

      self_type & get_child(const path_type & path) ;
      Get the child at the given path, or throw ptree_bad_path.

      Notes:
      Depending on the path, the result at each level may not be
      completely determinate, i.e. if the same key appears
      multiple times, which child is chosen is not specified.
      This can lead to the path not being resolved even though
       there is a descendant with this path. Example:
       a -> b -> c
          -> b
    The path "a.b.c" will succeed if the resolution of "b" chooses the
first such node, but fail if it chooses the second.

I guess you should use iterators on root to find the last executed set
and then get a reference to that node and then add the results to it.

Hope it helps :)

Saludos!
     Juan