Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Visual Studio Express
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-28 14:50:53

Last I checked, the express editions of visual studio (vc8,vc9,vc10)
wouldn't build all the debugging info into libraries. I just went searching
on Microsoft's website, but couldn't find anywhere that spells out what
is/isn't included with the express versions.

Beyond that, there have been announcements that the VC11 express version
wasn't going to be able to make non-metro apps. I think they have gone back
on this, but it still sounds like it will be limited.

I haven't looked into this issue for a few years, so it is quite likely
that I'm wrong. I'd love to hear from someone with better knowledge on this
issue.

Tom